Friday, November 20, 2009

New I-9 Audits And A Dubious Fashion Statement

Holy smokes, Batman! Yesterday (November 19, 2009), the Department of Homeland Security’s Immigration and Customs Enforcement Division ("ICE") announced that I-9 audit notices would be delivered immediately to approximately 1,000 employers throughout the country. The audit notice is essentially a Subpoena and compliance is mandatory.

Almost immediately after the announcement (if not before it was even issued), I received a telephone call from a client stating that it had been chosen as one of the lucky 1,000 and that representatives from ICE in "sweatsuits" (that's right folks, you read it correctly ... "sweatsuits") delivered an audit notice that morning for the client's I-9 forms. Sweatsuits? Are you kidding me? Sheesh! The decline and fall of civilization as we know it continues.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AND sneakers!!!!