Thursday, October 2, 2008

More On Licensing

As I discussed here previously, the issue of uniform licensing for construction professionals has been the subject of much discussion lately. To that end, the Legislature of Dutchess County, New York, recently passed a law requiring all electricians in the County to be licensed. The bill is now before the County Executive for signature. I don't know whether it will be signed. However, it is noteworthy that during public comment a large number of County residents expressed support for such legislation. As a practical matter, if the nice person who cuts my hair needs a license from the State to do so, then the electrician who could possibly start a fire and/or blow up my house due to a misstep should be required to have one as well. Just my 2 cents.

No comments: