Friday, March 23, 2007

Announcing ... Lawyer Joke Friday!

There's an old adage about being able to laugh at one's self. I think that applies to one's job as well. To that end, I'm adding a feature to the blog entitled "Lawyer Joke Friday!" That's right, folks ... lawyer jokes! Every Friday, I'll post a hopefully humorous ditty about my favorite profession.

Many are funny, most are pretty corny. Some of them may ... and let me emphasize the word "may" ... contain a tiny, itsy bitsy, miniscule kernel of truth. Maybe you'll laugh, maybe you'll roll your eyes, or maybe you'll have some sympathy for the brave legal eagles who try daily to extricate their clients from the wide variety of messy (and sometimes incredibly ridiculous) situations in which they find themselves. But, hey ... it's all in good fun, right? RIGHT? So, without further ado, here we go:

Q. How can a pregnant woman tell she's carrying a future lawyer?
A. She's got an uncontrollable craving for baloney.

If you think you can do better (and I'll bet you can), drop me a line with a proposed submission. If your joke is posted based on my sole discretion to do so, I'll identify the author and he/she can revel (or not) in the fact that they've used up 10 seconds or less of their 15 minutes of fame.

No comments: